Thanks for clarifying the window message thing - doh!
I'm still left with the above problem, maybe I need to explain it better. I'm already checking which build is selected and then setting it to debug before building. Everything is working fine except when an /out parameter is specified as below:
- Project name is "Hello", no built files exist yet
- Release is selected and release /out string contains "test.exe"
- Debug /out string is empty
- My addin sets build type to debug, and builds "Hello.exe" as expected
- My addin sets build type back to release and returns 0 for IDM_MAKE_DEBUG
- MiniDBG reports "The system cannot find the file specified." as it is looking for "test.exe", the file specified for a release build.
Obviously I need MiniDBG to be looking at the debug build settings.
If a release build exists then MiniDBG will start ok but will use the release build that has no debug info.
Doesn't it make sense that MiniDBG should always
retrieve the debug build settings??