Wiring your own LAN
Personal menu
Welcome Guest
User:
Pass:
Register!
Resend Validation Email

Forum

HiEditor ULA, TOS, I've been creating a customized setup for the AutoIt scripting language, I can't find any user license agreement or Terms

?THAT1ANONYMOUSDUDE
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 49621

Sponsored Links
So I've been creating a customized setup for the AutoIt scripting language, now I can't find any user license agreement or Terms of Use guidelines, I just wanted to know if I could post it on a forum I frequent a lot and maybe change the text editors icon if that's ok, not removing any credits or anything else, just the icon.

Where can I get info on sharing restrictions etc? :)

Edit: This is for the HiEditor of course, if it wasn't obvious.
PMEmail Poster
akyprian
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admins
Member No.: 1

hi,

Sorry for the late reply. HiEditor is free for any NON commercial use provided you leave it intact (credits, icon etc). Please, do NOT change the icon. Why would you want to do that, anyway?

Regards,

Antonis
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
ApudAngelorum
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 51213

I can't seem to login into my old account, and I'm pretty sure I remember the password and it wont work.

Anyway, no, I didn't change the icon and I'm not selling it or anything like that, it's just that I added syntax highlighting for the autoit scripting language and customized the the editor menu to include a few tools that make good with the script interpreter.

I only wanted to replace the icon with the same icon but with an overlay of the autoit icon in the bottom left corner but I guess I wont do it now, and I'm not really understanding the no commercial use aspect of this, does this mean I'm not allowed to distribute this from the forums I like t use? If so then I'll take it down cause I have it up on a thread I made at the autoit forums.

I use the editor in a portable version of the "autoit" installation I made and chose this editor since it was free and simple.
PMEmail Poster
akyprian
Quote Post

Administrator

Hi,

As already said, HiEditor is free for any NON commercial use. So, there is no problem to keep posting your free portable version of autoit to ANY forums you like.

Best regards,

PS. I remember somebody else uses my HiEdit control for some scripting tool (i am not sure if it is for autoit though).
akyprian
Quote Post

Administrator

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Sponsors
Computer Science

Internet
C/C++
Hardware & PC maintenance

HiEditor

General Discussions
Suggestions/Bug Reports
WinAsm Studio

General Discussions