great new version, very nice the new improvements, i especially like the syntax highlighting (of course
) and the new options for tabs.
now to the things i would need (in order of importance):
- support for unicode and UTF8 encoded files (i really need this since i usually work with multilanguage projects).
- possibility to have a different background color for the current line (where the cursor is).
- i second the request made by Jupiter, and extend it: a way to save working session: loading a session would open all files that were open when the session was saved.
- splitting the edit window (vertically and horizontally).
now some cosmetic things (these are not features, mostly is just my taste):
- i really miss the close file button in the top-right corner
but i don't know if you can do anything about this.
- such an application would need a personalized icon
- more space between the line number and the actual text, now it is little confusing.
- in the 'options' dialog 'editor' tab the two edit boxes with the spin buttons are too small (when they have two digits the second digit is cropped).
and some questions:
- how do i insert the NUL in the open/save filter?
- how to change the highlighting for strings and comments? (less important: punctuations, digits?)